Parking Lot Procedures
Although the parking lot has been a little better this year, there are still many adults not following the proper procedures, which is not safe for our children. Please remember:
- Please enter the parking lot at the north side and exit at the south side. Follow all arrows in the lot.
- The loop is for student drop-off/pick-up and buses ONLY. The only parking spots are located along the south driveway and these spots must be occupied before the cones are out. If you arrive after the cones are in place, you may NOT park there.
- Please take advantage of our drop-off/pick-up system. The line begins near the handicap crosswalk and continues along the driveway and onto Northfield Parkway. If you get in this line, please stay in your car and move up as others leave. Please carefully exit the line only after your children are safely in the car. Watch for other cars and buses. Do not stand, park, or exit your car in this area of the circle drive.
- Building Blocks parents may use the back driveway for drop-off/pick-up. There is no parking in this area. Please do not block the crosswalk.
- If it is necessary for you to park, please do so in a designated spot only. Escort your child across the parking lot via the crosswalk to the sidewalk and do not cross in front of or between buses.
- School begins at 9:05am. If your child arrives at school at 9:10am or later, your child is tardy. You will know your child is late because the cones will be picked up. Please park your car in the parking lot and come into the building, through the main door, with your child to sign him/her into school in the office.
- Do not park on the grass. This is city property and you will be ticketed.
- There is never any parking along the yellow curb.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone during drop-off and pick-up. We need you to be totally focused on the children.
- In order to cut down on traffic and for the students’ safety, we encourage eligible families to use the bus or to let children walk or ride their bikes to school.
These procedures are in place for the children’s safety and to try to make arrival and dismissal as smooth as possible. Please adhere to these procedures. Remember, the children learn from us by watching what we do. If we break rules, so will they.
Thank you for your cooperation and support!